Thursday, October 26, 2006

Mon-sieur BOME Collection Vol. 15

When Kasumi goes toe-to-toe against an opponent or plays volleyball, her hair flails around and her body is generally in a constant state of flux. With so much energy, one would expect Mon-sieur Bome to sculpt Kasumi in a kinetic pose of some sort. No such luck. Bome goes with a becalmed Kasumi who stands there in blue battle gear, white stockings, and a blank stare. Maybe she's trying to impersonate a plank. At least her fiery locks are wild and display some measure of emotion... Other than the rigid pose, Bome's artistic flair and talent are evident with detailed de rigeur Kasumi clothing, well-formed fingers, and requisite sashes. Our favorite DOA redhead also retains the face of an angel with carefully painted eyes which glow with amber luminosity. Kasumi's wakizashi sword is included in the blister packaging and is assembled from two separate pieces.

Interview with BOME (from the packaging)
When I first tried to make a garage kit of Kasumi from Dead or Alive, I remember not having access to any detailed references, and taking many photographs of the television screen to complete the work. Now, for this fully-painted PVC version, I was able to improve on many of the parts that I wasn't satisfied with in the original model. As an additional challenge, I even attempted to recreate Kasumi's hairstyles and costume changes which, it can be said, are some of the strongest selling points of the Dead or Alive Series. I chose costumes and hairstyles that I considered to be Kasumi's "staples," which I hope you will enjoy. I myself am quite excited to see how they turn out.

No comments: