NCS Product Synopsis
«©NCSX» After being delayed for nearly a year, DUX for the Dreamcast is upon us. Big Brown delivered the game this morning without much fuss or muss. We'll process and ship all preorders by USPS Media Mail today.
The game evinces similarities to R-Type with the ability to bolt a "Force Unit" on the fore or aft of the ship which serves as a weapon as well as a barrier. Power-ups may also be picked up when roving across stages which change the firepower of the Force Unit. When cruising through the levels, the cross-fire never gets tricky and the game is a fairly straightforward shooter filled with glossy visuals and synth.
Game Features (From the Publisher)
» 6 stages fullfilled with space alien scum and hazardly threats
» 3 upgradable weapon types
» Upgradeable force device
» Multiple checkpoints within each stage
» Super smooth high-resolution CGI visuals
» Risk & Reward scoring system
» VGA support; Region Free
Monday, July 06, 2009
NCS Product Synopsis
©NCSX» The latest issue of Famitsu features coverage on the following games and events in the Japanese marketplace:
» Weekly update on Monster Hunter 3-tri which is shaping up nicely.
» Famitsu reviews PSP MLK 2K9 (5/6/5/6) and PS3 WWE: Legends of Wrestlemania (6/6/6/6).
» Continuing coverage on Dragon Quest IX which checks out the characters, monsters, and cast members in the game.
» Special insert for Grand Theft Auto Chinatown Wars which is sealed since it contains spoilers and other secret information.
» Preview for God Eater for the PSP from Bandai Namco.
» Famitsu presents the "E3 2009 Touch & Watch Report" which checks out games, babes, and news from the recent exhibition.
» This week's "Pick Up Food" article looks at pre-packaged ramen bowls that are available at your local Japanese convenience store.
» PSP Lunar Silver Star and PS3 Mobile Suit Gundam Battlefield Record U.C. 0081 previews.
From the Publisher - July 3, 2009
London (3rd July 2009) – Square Enix Ltd., the publisher of Square Enix® interactive entertainment products in Europe and other PAL territories, today announces that DISSIDIA® FINAL FANTASY® will be released across Europe and all PAL territories on 4th September, exclusively on the PSP® (PlayStation® Portable) system.
Celebrating over 20 years of world’s most popular adventure game series. DISSIDIA FINAL FANTASY brings together the largest cast of FINAL FANTASY characters ever assembled in a single game. The most famous heroes and villains will now collide in a war that threatens to tear the world apart.
DISSIDIA FINAL FANTASY (IGN.com Best of E3 Winner 2009, Best PSP Fighting Game) takes one-on-one fighting to a new action-packed level on the PSP. Through expansive 3D environments, players can glide through the air, dash along walls and perform summons familiar to fans of FINAL FANTASY. Complete with all the character progression and customisation expected from the series, DISSIDIA FINAL FANTASY truly delivers the action, spectacle and emotion of FINAL FANTASY in the ultimate portable fighting experience.
John Yamamoto, president and chief executive officer of Square Enix Ltd. comments, “With so many favourite heroes and villains contained in one game, DISSIDIA FINAL FANTASY is certainly going to appeal to fans of the series. The action-packed experience is a real showcase for the PSP and is set to become an instant classic on the system.”
For a limited time, DISSIDIA FINAL FANTASY will also be available at launch in a LIMITED COLLECTOR’S EDITION, featuring unique clamshell packaging and containing a special soundtrack CD, Lithograph prints, Brady Games Official Miniguide and a 48-page The Art of DISSIDIA FINAL FANTASY hardback artwork book.
About DISSIDIA FINAL FANTASY – LIMITED COLLECTOR’S EDITION
LIMITED COLLECTOR’S EDITON contains
• Unique DISSIDA FINAL FANTASY clamshell packaging
• Full boxed copy of the DISSIDIA FINAL FANTASY game
• DISSIDIA FINAL FANTASY Best Selection Soundtrack Mini-CD: The DISSIDIA FINAL FANTASY Best Selection Soundtrack Mini-CD includes a selection of music tracks from the game that are especially chosen for this Special Edition version by composer Takeharu Ishimoto. The Mini-CD will be presented inside a unique pochette and contain liner notes written by Takeharu Ishimoto.
• Hardback, 48-page The Art of DISSIDIA FINAL FANTASY artwork book: featuring character artwork, CG rendered art and more from across the game production.
• Brady Games Official Miniguide: 32-page game guide printed in full colour, with character artwork, descriptions and walkthrough information – to help you win the battle.
• Exclusive Lithograph Prints: 2 Exclusive Lithograph prints, inside a unique DISSIDIA FINAL FANTASY branded bandwrap featuring artwork not used to promote the original Japanese version of the game.
For more information about DISSIDIA FINAL FANTASY, please visit the official website at www.dissidia-finalfantasy.com
About DISSIDIA FINAL FANTASY
Cosmos, the goddess of harmony. Chaos, the god of discord. Reigning from distant realms, the two gods had gathered warriors from all lands to lead them in savage war. Cosmos and Chaos were of equal strength. It was believed the conflict would last forever. However, the balance is now broken. Those who answered Chaos's call created an inexhaustible force. And under vicious attack without relent, the warriors fighting for Cosmos started to fall one by one. The conflict that has continued for eons is now about to end in Chaos' favour.
The world has been torn asunder, sinking into a vortex of disorder. As for the few surviving warriors… their fates have yet to be determined.
• Experience the high-quality world and gameplay mechanics of FINAL FANTASY presented in action-packed 3D environments where players can glide through the air and dash along walls.
• Combining all-out brawling alongside RPG-style character development and customisation, an original system developed by the creators of the KINGDOM HEARTS series takes fighting gameplay to another level.
• Fan-favourite heroes and villains from the entire FINAL FANTASY series come together in one game for the first time in a remarkable new tale with fully-voiced CG movies and real-time events.
• Players select their favourite FINAL FANTASY characters, sided with either Cosmos or Chaos, to set the stage for their fantasy match.
• Accessible through "EX Burst", players can experience gameplay faithful to the originals through memorable battle features such as "Limit Break" and "Overdrive". In addition, long time fans of the series can enjoy the ability to summon Aeons and options such as the "command battle" system. Familiar environments and music from the FINAL FANTASY series also appear, arranged to make the most of the hardware capability.
• Continue the experience by trading Friend Cards, creating items and sharing AI characters with other players and even engage in virtual AI battles made possible by the PSP system ad hoc mode.
About Square Enix Co., Ltd.
Square Enix Co., Ltd. (Square Enix), a wholly-owned subsidiary of Square Enix Holdings Co., Ltd., with headquarters in Tokyo, Japan, develops, publishes and distributes entertainment content including interactive entertainment software and publications in Asia, North America and Europe. Square Enix brings two of Japan's best-selling franchises – FINAL FANTASY, which has sold over 85 million units worldwide, and DRAGON QUEST® which has sold over 47 million units worldwide – under one roof.
«©NCSX» Roughly one hour after news of Michael Jackson's untimely demise hit the streets of New York a little over a week ago, t-shirts featuring his likeness were being hawked. We saw some laughably bad ones that looked like they took all of 3 seconds to make while others were reasonably well composed and respectable.
A Japanese t-shirt manufacturer is getting in on the action with a pair of Michael T-Shirts that feature two renditions of the "King of Pop." One has him in white military-ish regalia while the other features MJ in the unmistakable red jacket from the Thriller video.
«©NCSX» There's hunting and then there's big game hunting. When a hunter and/or his entire brood is hungry, he hunts squirrel, pigeon, or any other animal that he can get his hands on so they can eat. Big game hunting is a sport where the hunters aren't hungry. They're in it for the thrill of the chase and if they're so inclined, the chance to mount a big animal head right in the living room.
If you're the sort who looks at a living animal and thinks, "I need its head and its head only" then Takara Tomy's upcoming Animal Trophy gashapon might hit the spot. Preorders for the set of 7 toys are welcome to ship in mid-late October 2009 at JPY2500 or US$28.90 from NCS.
NCS Sale of the Week Offering: July 06, 2009
Original Release in Japan: February 11, 1999
«©NCSX» New and factory packaged Final Fantasy VIII CD Carrying Case which contains six sleeves inside that hold a total of 6 discs although you can push your luck by inserting two discs in each sleeve. That'll make it a storage case for 12 discs. The case closes by way of zipper technology and the outer shell is water resistant. A metal plate stitched to the front of the case is imprinted with the "Final Fantasy VIII" logo. Two cloth pockets inside store two memory cards or PocketStations.
NCS' remaining inventory is brand new and factory packaged in the original cardboard-backed blister pack. The condition of the packaging is very good to excellent and we'll be pulling inventory from brand new factory sealed storage boxes that originally shipped to NCS a decade ago.
Pricing per Final Fantasy VIII CD Carrying Case is set at US$19.90 each. If you reside in the USA, NCS recommends USPS Media Mail shipping for the most economical domestic service. International customers are encouraged to select USPS First Class Airmail at a cost of approximately US$11.
Product SKU: HPS-65
JAN Code: 4961818058002
Japanese Product Name: ＣＤキャリングケースｆｏｒファイナルファンタジーVIII
Purpose: CD or DVD Storage